Followers

Sunday 26 August 2012

Playing with Vellum


Good morning everybody and a really beautiful morning it is here.  Actually the last few days were supposed to be very wet but it did not happen (at least where I live) so hopefully it will remain dry for the next few days as Gerry and I are going over to Donegal until Thursday for a little break.   Anyway - my card today is the result of playing around with some vellum.  Every time I have made a card with vellum it has ended up in the bin as I was not happy with the results - but I was quite happy with this simple little card and even Gerry liked it.  All I have used is the Fleur de Lis squares from Spellbinders and one of their classic edges along with a little Marianne die which was just part of a set and of course finished off with a few pearls from Wild Orchid.  I don't suppose you could call it clean and simple but it's not too far off.  Thank you for taking a look and have a lovely day.

                                                         

18 comments:

Crafty Moone Cards said...

This is gorgeous, the vellum flower is beautiful. Sue x

Irene said...

A beautiful card Marie-Louise so soft and gentle. Like you my vellum cards usually end up in the bin.

The Hewbrew Slaves chorus I love but think it to be so sad.

luv
irene
xxxx

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card....love the vellum flower.xxx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is gorgeous Marie-Louise love your flower and its background - I also like the stand you're using
Have a great break and come back refreshed with lots of ideas :)

jacqui x

Karla said...

Marie-Louise this is a very beautiful card.
I also like the colours.

Greetings from Karla

Vic McGuckin said...

Lovely...Marie-Louise the colours are beautiful and I love what you have done with the flower.

Vic x

craftieodmae said...

this is just beauti!!!!

Stamps and Paper said...

Marie Louise this is so beautiful, fabulous flower and love the soft colours

Anne

Sasha said...

Gorgeous card, Marie-Louise! I love the background behind your beautiful flower!
Enjoy your trip...I hope the sun continues to shine for you xx

Jolanda said...

what a great idea for the background of your flower . . . . i love it!!!
beautiful card . . .

June Nelson said...

Wow this is beautiful love the lfower, and the whole car is so delicate its gorgeous hunnie, big huggies June xxxxxxxxxxxx

May said...

O my word... That vellum flower is Stunning... gorgeous card beautiful detail & design.. Have a lovely few days away.. Enjoy!!.. Hugs May x x x

pam said...

hi marie-louise, this is a stunning card, beautiful colour..pam

juscrap said...

Wow!! This is a stunning card, love the vellum flower.xxx

Patricia St Martin said...

Your flower with the blue vellum is stunning and how you framed the flower in is just beautiful.
Hugs

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Marie-Louise! Love the blue vellum flower!

Randi Th. said...

Beatutiful!
Have a nice day.
Hugs from Randi

Rita said...

What an elegant beautiful cardMarrie-Louise
its truly beautiful.
Rita.