Followers

Saturday 15 September 2012

Two of a kind

Hi everybody - and a very warm welcome to all my new followers and a big Thank You for adding your name to my blog.  Lately I have been quite busy with commissions and they all seem to have had photos on them of the people receiving the cards so I could not post them.  This card however is another request for a lady's 89 year old Grand mother.  She asked  for the colour mauve or lilac and for the addition of pearls.  I have made these two cards and she can take her pick - the other one I will just keep in my stock box.  On both of them I am using my new spellbinders Garden lattice die.  It is expandable  which is good but it definitely needs shims or the cuttlehug plate to cut it right through.  Of course I do use Centura Pearl card so maybe if you used lighter card it might cut first time.

While Spellbinders is in my head - the other day I received my new grand embossibilities folder - its the Garden lattice (or trellis)  I am not sure of the name off hand BUT it did not go through my Grand Calibur - it was too big.  Now I did not see a warning anywhere about this.  My G.C. is the one with the pull out shelf - it is about 2 years old.  Fortunately  Gerry was able to remove the shelf (it did not come out easily) and now the machine will take the embossing folder.  I cannot believe that a company as large as Spellbinders did not test these folders before marketing them.  There are warnings out there about the raspberry plate and I was careful to get the one that would fit but nothing about the folders.  Spellbinders sold thousands of these machines with that pull out shelf and then made a folder that was a fraction too large - seems odd to me.

Well - that's my rant for today.  Hope you like my card.  Thank you for taking a look.

                                     

                                       

                                                 

20 comments:

Doreen said...

Oh wow two beautiful cards,simply stunning.xxx

Christina Griffiths said...

Such beautiful cards Marie-Louise they are so elegant and I love the Fancy Lattice that you have used. I too have sent for this die and I also have the older machine ... so I will probably have the same problem as you too.
What a pain for Spellbinders to do this ... lack of forethought me thinks !!!

Sasha said...

Both your cards are beautiful, Marie-Louise. I love the lattice die you used, and all your other gorgeous embellishing.
I completely agree with about Spellbinders mishaps, and I know what you mean about not being able to show your commissions. I've made quite a lot over the past two weeks and couldn't show them because of the personalised things that were on them xx

Planetsusie said...

Hi there Marie-Louise - Instead of making a card today I have been doing a little blog-hopping!! I saw your name on my blog friend Christine Harrop's site and thought I would check out your cards. I have been ooohing and aaahing for about 20 mins now and I think your creations are lovely.

Your latest ones are gorgeous although my favourite would be the lilac and white one with the ?poppies. Then again I love the butterfly on the first one together with the oval frame. I am so glad I don't have to decide - lol. I am now your latest follower and I hope you will pop over to my site to see what you think about my cards. I have only been blogging a couple of months. Isn't it great though?

Crafty hugs to you

Sue P xx

http://susiesplanet.blogspot.co.uk/

Jolanda said...

Beautiful . . . they are so elegant

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Marie-Louise! Oh, too bad for this folder being too big... really odd! Have a great weekend! Hugs

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Wat een prachtige kaarten heb je gemaakt Marie-Louise
Mijn compliment
Groetjes Gerrie

Sarah said...

Both cards are stunning Marie-Louise. I love lilac and purple and you always make such elegant cards. I love the lattice die - it's very effective. I'm sure that your customer will be extremely happy with whichever card they choose. That seems very odd about the Spellbinder embossing folder. Have you written to Spellbinders to tell them about this?

Sarah x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Two absolutely beautiful card Marie-Louise love the colours and designs

jacqui xx

juscrap said...

Both your cards are beautiful, Marie-Louise. I love the lattice die you used, and all your other gorgeous embellishing. Have a nice weekend.

Karla said...

Marie-Louise I love your cards, they are both very beautiful.

Greetings from Karla

Stamps and Paper said...

Two beautiful cards Marie Louise just love that lattice die and can understand your frustration as you say they should have tried that die first...


Anne

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous Marie-Louise and so elegant both of them. She will have a hard time to pick ha ha love ... yes me too sometimes get commissioned cards with photos, just don't like so much as can't do my pictures and like you said can't post... It's nice coming back to blogland :D xx

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Marie-Louise, these are both gorgeous! Like my friend Sue(Planet Susie) the second one is my favourite too but I would so love to receive either one of them! Love from Christine x

Irene said...

Two beautiful cards Marie-Louise the soft pastel colours are gorgeous,with brilliant use of your dies.
luv
irene
xxxx

coops said...

Both so beautiful marie-louise.the designs and flowers are so pretty :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning!! Your cards are so elegant and sophisticated Marie-Louise.
Have a wonderful week.
Amelia x

Bernie said...

More fabulous work. You are a true artist.
Hugs
Bernie

Sandy said...

You do the prettiest art work - I don't think I could ever be this fancy. Love your art work!
sandy

Unknown said...

Hi Marie Louise
A beautiful card
Rita x